Current affairs - January 1st, 2022 from The Hindu.





UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2 - Economics

According to Ms. Sitharaman, the move is in response to demands from several states, including Gujarat, West Bengal, and Tamil Nadu, to maintain the status quo and not increase textile tariffs from 5% to 12%. Footwear is not included, and the sector will be subject to a 12 percent GST beginning January 1.




UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3 - International Relations

The Chinese government’s announcement on December 30 that it had come up with its own names for 15 places in Arunachal Pradesh seems to be longer than mentioned, including eight towns, four mountains, two rivers, and a mountain pass. The announcement was made in March 2021 by the Chinese government and various authorities to “safeguard” Chinese territory and the upcoming new border law into force on January 1, 2022.


UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3 - Security

Following the recent events that took place in Jammu & Kashmir in Srinagar, where six militants of Jaish­e­Muhammad were killed in two separate encounters in south Kashmir’s Anantnag and Kulgam districts. Three more unidentified terrorists were killed, injuring 4 jawans at the encounter site in Srinagar. The count reached 9 within a month, including arms and ammunition recovered.






UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3 - Disaster Management

Rajesh Bhushan, the Union Health Secretary, and Dr. Bhargava, Director-General of the Indian Council of Medical Research, Balram jointly wrote a letter to the States to "increase testing" by employing rapid antigen tests (RAT) (RAT) (RAT). The standard method for confirming COVID-19 is the RT-PCR. However, it's less accurate, causing delays in confirming diagnosis due to its five to eight-hour turnaround time. The RAT provides results much faster when compared to based testing.




UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2 - International Relations

The Russians have moved an approximate troop of 1,00,000 soldiers toward Ukraine. President Joe Biden has alerted Russia’s Vladimir Putin that perhaps the U.S. might impose new sanctions against Russia if it tries to take further military action against Ukraine. Russia has already made it clear that it wants a signed commitment that Ukraine will not ever be permitted to join NATO.



UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2 - International Relations

The Indian Oil Corporation will manage and operate 14 tanks for its subsidiary Lanka IOC as per the new deal. while developing 61 tanks in a joint project the CPC holds a stake of 51% and Lanka IOC, the remaining 49%.





UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3 - Economics

The widening trade deficit weighed on India's Balance of Payments (BoP), which fell to a net loss of 715.35 billion in the fiscal quarter of September (Q2). The current account drought continued in Quarter 2 with a rate of 1.3 percent of GDP, majorly due to the widening trade imbalance, which grew to $44.4 billion in the third quarter from $30.7 billion in the previous quarter, according to 'Gap to Widen in Q3'.





6 views0 comments